Thunderstorms, tornadoes, hailstorms and hurricanes can tear shingles from your roof and give your roof a beating with tree branches. Follow these steps to check for storm damage to your roof:
• Inspect your attic for any water leaks. Also check if any water stains appear on your ceiling or walls.
• Look for signs of storm damage by assessing any missing shingles or missing pieces of metal fascia from the ground.
• Evaluate any debris making contact with your home – such as branches or larger items.
• In cases of hail, check your siding and windows for any signs of damage.
• Stay safe & avoid going on the roof to check for damage yourself.